Type of service:
Booth Meadow House,
Health Promotion Resource Unit,
Riverside Retail Park,
What can the HPRU offer?
HPRU provide resources covering a broad range of subjects including:
- sexual health
- healthy eating
- fitness and lifestyles
- drugs and alcohol
- staying well in old age
There are resources suitable for use with a range of audiences and abilities – all aimed at increasing awareness, enhancing knowledge and reinforcing positive health messages. There are also easy read documents.
Our resources come in the form of DVDs, teaching packs, 3D models, games, leaflets, posters and ready-made displays. We also have portable display boards available to borrow.
Who can join?
Membership of the HPRU is available to:
- NHS staff
- School staff
- Local government staff
- Emergency services staff
- Voluntary and community groups
- Health and safety / occupational health professionals from private organisations
- NHS partners such as GPs, pharmacies and dental surgeries
- Health/Social Care students
How much does it cost?
There is an annual membership fee of £15.
Membership entitles you to:
- access to unlimited resources
- a bi-monthly newsletter
- delivery to a hospital or community pick up point
- Voluntary And Community Organisations
Last updated on: