Type of service:
Satra Innovation Centre,
Practical and emotional support for young offenders at the point of sentencing.
Young men and women up to 17-years-old
- Intensive support for young people already in the youth criminal justice system
- Providing a minimum of 25 hours of practical and emotional support
- In 2012-2013 40.1% of young people engaged with the service successfully completed their order without further offending
- Young people at risk of receiving a custodial sentence or who are released from custody following a Detention and Training Order (DTO) receive a minimum of 15 hours of education or training and 10 hours of support work that links directly to their offence and offending behaviour.
Young people receive a weekly timetable detailing their sessions. Support is also offered to parents/carers throughout the programme.
Support focuses on:
- anger management issues
- personal and relationship skills
- accessing training courses (referrals are made to education and training courses)
- sign-posting to other specialist agencies when appropriate.
Referrals are received from Northamptonshire Youth Offending Service when a young person has appeared in court and the case has been adjourned for pre-sentence report. Referrals are also received prior to a young person’s release from custody.
- Referral From Young Offender Service (YOS)
Last updated on: