Type of service:
Schools And Education Providers
A friendly, welcoming and supportive college for students aged 11-18 years. All of our students have a statement of special educational needs or EHCP and come from both mainstream and special schools prior to joining us. Most of our students have either moderate learning difficulties and/or autism, but we cater for a range of cognitive and learning disabilities.
Our dedicated staff are committed to achieving educational and social success for our children and young people at our outstanding college by:
improving their independent life skills, offering a range of accredited courses, developing skills for employment.
Therapies form an essential part of our services. The work carried out by our team of therapists and the expertise they share with other members of the multi-disciplinary team contribute towards a consistent approach.
Our integrative therapy approach is based on the safe practice of combining conventional and non-conventional therapies which can be classified into five categories:
- Alternative - such as homeopathic medicine.
- Mind-body Interventions - such as Art Therapy, coloured lenses and overlays, Dance movement, Sensory Integration Therapy, TEACCH, sign language and Social Stories.
- Biologically-based therapies - include interventions including Bach Flower Remedies, dietary supplements and elimination diets.
- Manipulative and Body-based Methods - include Equine Assisted Therapy, Yoga, Wilbarger Therapeutic Brushing Protocol and massage therapy.
- Energy Therapies - Involves the use of energy fields and includes Gong Therapy
11 years - 18 years
SENCO: Gail Lewis
- Child With A Statement
- Child With Additional Needs
- Child With An Education, Health And Care Plan (EHC)
- Via Education, Health And Care Team
Last updated on: