Type of service:
Schools And Education Providers
Ashbourne Road ,
Royal School for the Deaf Derby is a child centred day and residential school which provides deaf children aged from 3 - 19 with access to language (English and BSL), literacy, numeracy and all curriculum areas. It promotes a strong sense of identity and through its 24 hour curriculum prepares young people for adult life.
- We are a signing and speaking community where the languages and cultures of both deaf and hearing people are valued
- We develop our pupils’ skills in BSL and English, and these are taught and assessed formally
The school is both a day and residential school.
3 years - 19 years
- A Child Who Is Deaf
- Child With A Statement
- Child With An Education, Health And Care Plan (EHC)
- Referral By Local Authority
- Via Education, Health And Care Team
Last updated on: