Type of service:
Schools And Education Providers
Beanfield Primary School,
Beanfield Primary School work together as a community to provide a happy, secure and stimulating environment where children are motivated to learn, are valued as individuals and encouraged to reach their full potential.
This school has an SEN Unit providing education, support and facilities for 33 children with statements/EHC plans. The provision caters for pupils with severe and profound learning difficulties including autism.
The school commissions an Educational Psychologist to support students’ needs and is committed to working with families to provide support across home and school if necessary. We also have strong links with speech and language therapy services and access to a physiotherapist and occupational therapist team with specialist training.
This is a school identified in the Accessibility Strategy 2015 to 2017 that has special adaptations for disabled pupils over and above what would be required under general planning and building regulations and will have as a minimum:
- Physical access to all areas of curriculum (this may not be 100% of the school building).
- Suitable parking and entrance to the school.
- A changing facility for pupils.
- A designated area for physiotherapy/treatment as required
- Specialist furniture e.g. variable height tables where appropriate and other physical aids
4 years - 11 years
SENCO: Lucy Wallis
Last updated on: