Supporting adults and young people with learning disabilities to connect with their community.
The primary goal of this service is to provide very focused support to individuals to enable ever greater involvement and inclusion in community life.
The service offers every person their own one to one Community Connector who works alongside the person to identify their interests and talents and assists them to find suitable community based activities.
The service supports people to make real and valued contributions to their local communities and offers new and exciting opportunities for work, leisure and greater social inclusion.
How does it work for you?
- You will have your own Community Connector to help you choose your activities
- Your Connector will listen to you and those that know you well to find out your interests, goals and aspirations
- Your Connector will find out what is available within your community and match what you want to do to what is available
- You will be able to try different activities to see what you enjoy the most
- Your Connector will help you to settle in to your activities and get to know people
- You will have help arranging how you get to your chosen activity
- Your Connector will stay with you until you feel safe and comfortable without them