Supporting vulnerable children

If you are a childcare provider working with vulnerable children, you can make a claim for the time spent at certain events.

What can I claim for?

You can make a claim for the time spent attending the following events:

  • Personal Education Plans (PEPS)
  • Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans
  • Early Help Assessment (EHA) (formerly CAF) and Team Around the Family (TAF) Meetings
  • Any conference or review meeting for social care cases
  • Relevant training for safeguarding children or vulnerable children such as that offered by the Northamptonshire Safeguarding Children's Board (NSCB) or Northamptonshire County Council in relation to early years or EHA training.

How do I make a claim?

To submit your claim you need to complete and submit the new form which can be found on the same secure website used to submit your headcount return:

Submit a claim
You will need to send in suitable evidence to support your claim for funding. This can be any of the following:
  • certificate
  • meeting notes or minutes (password protected, with the password sent in a different email to attachments for confidentiality)
  • signed attendance slip

Your evidence can be sent in by email to Please see the link below for a copy of the required attendance slip:

The online claim form will be open permanently but the information will only be downloaded once a month and payment will be made by the end of the following month.

If you require any further assistance or would like to email your supporting documentation, please email us at:

You can apply for additional funding for 3 and 4 year olds receiving free childcare who require further educational support through the Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP).