Type of service:
Advice And Support
Eligibility: Mothers and children aged 7-11 who have experienced domestic abuse.
-The DART programme provides a safe and friendly environment for children and their families to talk about their experiences. Women and children work together
for an hour at the start of the group, then take part in activities in separate groups. At the end of each session, they join each other again.
- Meet other women who have lived with domestic abuse
- Share their experiences
- Talk about their feelings
- Learn more about domestic abuse – why and how it happens
- Learn how domestic abuse effects children
- Talk about and explore experiences and strategies that can be used as a parent
- Meet other children who have lived with domestic abuse
- Talk about what has happened to them and their family
- Tell us how they are feeling
- Learn more about keeping safe
- Learn more about domestic abuse
The perpetrator of domestic abuse must not be living within the family home, as it is important that the woman and her child feel safe enough to take part in the programme.
Hours and duration: Thursdays 12.30 – 2.30pm
Referral Process: Please contact Mary or Shirley on 01604 230311
7 years - 99 years
Ofsted Inspection Grade: