Type of service:
Groups, Clubs And Activities
0300 126 5934
This spectacular former quarry boasts Jurassic geology, and has a wonderful children's play area in addition to a network of long and short trails through 83 hectares of mixed woodland. The park is home to the Quarryman's Rest Cafe, Jungle Parc UK, and the Irchester Narrow Gauge Railway Museum (Sundays 10am – 4pm).
Northamptonshire County Council aim to ensure that everyone (irrespective of age, ability, or background) feels welcome in their country parks, and has an equal opportunity to discover, enjoy and benefit from them.
- Toilets (including fully-accessible Changing Places toilet) open May-Jul: Mon-Fri (9am-5pm); May-Oct: Sat-Sun (9am-7pm); School Summer Holiday: Daily (9am-7pm); Sep - Oct half term: Mon-Fri (9am-5pm); Oct - Mar: Daily (9am-4pm).
25 March - 31 August 2016: £3.00 daily. All Other Times: £2.70 daily. Annual parking permits available.
Blue badge holder parking areas situated near to accessible toilets (pay and display charges apply).
Motor-homes may pay and display during day time. No overnight parking allowed.
Upper Car Park - open all day, every day.
Lower Car Park - May-Jul: Mon-Fri (9am-5pm); May-Oct: Sat-Sun (9am-7pm); School Summer Holiday: Daily (9am-7pm); Sep - Oct half term: Mon-Fri (9am-5pm); Oct - Mar: Daily (9am-4pm)
- Public Transport:
Regular bus service stops opposite the park's main entrance on B570.
- Café (01933 443857)
- Events Calendar (http://tinyurl.com/jx58np5)
- High Ropes Adventure Trail (0844 879 4378)
- Nature Tots - Bring your toddler to the park and join a Ranger led nature walk followed by a craft session. Sessions are once a month during term time. Booking is essential, call 07703160878 to book your place.
- Social Media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/irchestercountrypark/
Twitter - @ParksNorthants
Please contact Irchester Country Park directly if you have any important or specific queries about their facilities.
Ofsted Inspection Grade:
- None (No Referral Criteria)