Feeling okay? Keep it that way with a free NHS Health Check.
Thousands of people have already received their NHS Health Check to
make sure that they have clear information about their health and can
reduce their risk of developing health problems in the future. Why not
What is an NHS Health Check?
The NHS Health Check is a sophisticated check of your heart health.
It’s like a midlife MOT and checks that some of your body’s most
important systems are all running smoothly. Among other things, your
blood pressure, cholesterol, and BMI will all be checked and your
results given to you.
Why the NHS Health Check is important
Even if you’re feeling well now, the NHS Health Check will help to identify any potential risks before they become a problem.
Everyone is at risk of developing heart disease, stroke, diabetes,
kidney disease and some forms of dementia - the good news is that these
conditions can often be prevented.
The NHS Health Check allows you to be better prepared for the future
and to be able to take steps to maintain or improve your health.
What happens at an NHS Health Check?
- The check takes about 20 to 30 minutes.
- You’ll be asked some simple questions. For example, about your family history and any medication you are currently taking.
- Your height, weight, age, sex and ethnicity will all be recorded.
- Your blood pressure will be taken.
- You will have a simple blood test to check your cholesterol level.
After the NHS Health Check you’ll be taken through your results and
given personalised advice on how to lower any risks and stay healthy.
Are you eligible for an NHS Health Check?
Answer the questions below to find out if you are eligible for a FREE NHS Health Check.
- Are you aged between 40 and 74 years?
- Do you live in Northamptonshire?
If you answered YES to these two questions please answer the following:
Have you been diagnosed with or had any of these conditions:
- Coronary Heart Disease (CHD)
- Kidney Disease
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA)
- Heart Failure
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
If you answered NO to all of these nine questions – Good News! You are probably eligible for a free health check.
You'll be invited for an NHS Health Check every five years if you are
between 40 and 74 years old, as long as you don't have an existing
vascular condition that is already being taken care of by your GP.
How to get your free NHS Health Check
All you need to do is to contact your GP today to arrange your health check.